Introducing OpsCompass. We empower clients to adopt and master cloud operations management via products and services. This comes to life through our B2B SaaS product and global consulting services. We’re a hard-working and hard-playing software scale-up with a global footprint across three primary business lines. Our teams are remote, with most folks in Omaha and Minneapolis. We have relentless customer focus, are proactive with our solutions, humble and confident in our approach, believe in ideas over egos, and that simplicity is the best way to drive clarity.
Sound interesting? Keep reading
We’re looking for a Communications Manager to define and lead PR, media relations, executive communications, and all aspects of internal/external comms. As the Communications Manager, you are equally comfortable writing as you are creating long- and short-term communications strategies. You’re responsible for creating and sharing compelling messages that help educate, motivate and connect OpsCompass to our customers, investors, and stakeholders. Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will develop communications and execute strategies, manage communication tools and partner on cross-functional projects or events supporting the business. If you have a passion for storytelling, a vision for a modern communications organization, and experience building and growing a diverse team, you’re well-suited for this position.
- 5+ years of experience in PR, media relations, and corporate communications
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to be a dynamic storyteller
- Strong teammate that works well in a remote environment and with multiple functions across the organization
- You have excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across multiple audiences and partners
- Experience in all aspects of executive communications including writing, speaking, and events management
- Ghostwriting and developing/executing blog strategies
- Experience using multi-media approach to communications and storytelling
- Developed events strategies with cross-functional teams
- Be just as comfortable writing and leading. In fact, the ideal candidate will do both wonderfully
- Drive operational excellence by developing communication processes and project managment
- Keep up to date on external best practices, latest trends, and ways to innovate
- Understand the unique positioning of the OpsCompass business model, becoming a subject matter expert and voice for the company with team members, our partners, our members and media/influencer stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of a holistic content strategy for OpsCompass
- Help you focus on what you do best—whether that’s writing, media relations, project management, team leadership or anything else—and give you the opportunities to sharpen the skills you’re looking to develop
- Provide an environment in which you can thrive both as an individual, and as a member of a dynamic start-up/scale-up community
- Give you the agency in your work to shape outcomes you can proudly own
- Help you partner closely with all teams and aspects of our business, most specifically our SaaS product and broader go-to-market teams
Please include these in your application:
- Your resume
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences
- A short paragraph on why you’ll flourish at OpsCompass
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.