The Senior Consultant is a special role at House of Brick. Quite honestly, there are not many of you out there. We are looking for that particular person that is fanatical about technology (Do you have your own lab at home? Is it virtualized?), relentless about pursuing new knowledge and expertise (can you work within a team of equally if not more talented individuals and both confidently teach and graciously learn from them), humble yet confident in working with our customers (we want someone who makes the customer feel good about working with us, not embarrassed or angry because we tried to prove that we know more than they do), and who thrives on being able to solve some of the most complex problems in simple and elegant ways.
If you think you might be that special person, then please read on to see about some of the technical things we are looking for.
The Oracle DBA/Systems Architect will be involved in consulting with customers that are currently using, or are migrating to either Oracle technologies. The specific activities may include analyzing and understanding business/technological objectives, gathering requirements and system metrics, analyzing results, architecting solutions, implementing those solutions, performance tuning, validating results, and developing comprehensive documentation. This professional will also be involved in House of Brick’s ongoing support of our managed services customers by performing periodic system health checks, consulting with customers to plan and implement projects, and responding to system alerts. Periodic pre-sales technical support will also be required.
Ten plus years experience with Oracle database required. Five plus years with Oracle WebLogic required. Cloud experience with AWS is preferred. BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience. Experience with Oracle RAC is a plus. Prior consulting experience including travel required.
Experience with Oracle is required in most, if not all of the following areas
- Oracle Database 10g through 18c on Linux and Windows Server
- Installation and upgrades
- Oracle database performance tuning
- Backup & recovery
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, Oracle VM, HyperV, or Xen)
- System administration skills in Linux including shell scripting
- Oracle networking
- Basic PL/SQL skills
- Oracle WebLogic Server Administration
Experience with AWS required in most, if not all of the following areas
- Hands-on experience implementing and maintaining Cloud systems in AWS
- Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Elastic Cloud Computing
- Amazon Relational Database Services
- Job Scheduler
- Export/Import/Data Pump
- Experience with log shipping, database mirroring and clustering
- Scalability analysis/performance load testing
- Database design
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Forms & Reports
- Oracle Application Express
- Oracle Multitenant Architecture
- VMware installation, configuration, administration experience preferred.
- Experience with VMware tools and processes preferred (vMotion, VCD, VCOPs, etc.)
- Systems administration skills in Windows
- Data storage administration experience
- Oracle certifications
- VMware certifications
- AWS Certification
- Ability to consult independently
- Be willing to work cooperatively with a team, both giving and receiving feedback
- Must be attentive to detail
- Ability to perform root cause analysis
- Able to handle concurrent tasks in multiple customer environments
- Must possess a personal drive to better self professionally and continue expanding skill set
- Demonstrated ability to document findings and results, and present to customers
- Deliver exceptional customer service through situational leadership, great communication skills and problem solving abilities.
- Travel approximately 25%.
- This position requires being part of a rotating 24×7 on-call support team
- Sponsorship is not available at this time