Scope of This Policy
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify you as an individual, either alone or taken with other information we collect. Over the course of providing you the services, we may ask for:
- Contact Information such as your name and email address;
- Employment information such as your company name, your title, and other company details including address and phone number;
- Financial information such as your billing information; and
- Location information including your address, IP address, and location data
We only collect Personal Information about our Customers so that we can provide the Services (“Customer Information”). We do not collect or store any data stored on Customer Systems that belongs to the Customer (“Customer Data”) except to the extent necessary to provide the Services. You as the Customer accept full responsibility for the Customer Data linked to the Platform or otherwise processed when you engage the Services.
The OpsCompass Platform and Services
Fundamentally, the Platform analyzes the digital characteristics of your cloud-based information and infrastructure (“Customer Systems”). The Platform enables you to examine your resources to make sure they are deployed in an efficient and compliant way. We store limited information about your Customer Systems when you link a system to the Platform (such as AWS, Azure, or Microsoft 365). We do not use this information in any way except to provide you the Services.
In general, the Platform can only read the metadata related to a resource located on your Customer System. This would include the filename, the file location, and access information such as permissions and activity log (“Metadata”). With few exceptions, Metadata does not generally include any Personal Information, but in some cases it may, such as an employee’s name in a filename or in the name of the location folder. We cannot control the inclusion of such Personal Information, and you take responsibility for ensuring that any Personal Information you do not want the Platform to be able to access is inside the resource itself, rather than in the Metadata.
The activity log of a cloud resource likely contains information related to the IP address of individuals who have accessed that resource. The Platform is able to view this information, use it to identify the relevant team member, and present information to the Customer on who is accessing a file. This information is readily available on the Customer System, it is simply analyzed and presented to the Customer in a way that allows the Customer to use that information to improve their Customer Systems. We do not use this information in any way except to present it to the Customer in the way outlined above.
When a resource on the Customer System is a contact card (such as in Microsoft 365), the Metadata may contain the name of the contact due to the way that resource is stored on the Customer System. In such a case, the Platform would have access to such Personal Information. However, we do not use this information for any reason other than to the provide the Services.
Consulting and Other Services
When we are engaging in Consulting services, you may provide us access to your Customer Data directly or through the Platform. We do not use any Customer Data for any reason other than to provide the Consulting services. In most cases, we never assume possession of any Customer Data, and rather facilitate its migration.
Information Collected by OpsCompass
OpsCompass registration and customer support
You may provide us with information about you when you complete a OpsCompass web form, register to use the OpsCompass website (such as www.OpsCompass.com) or Service, request a Services demonstration, visit our websites, use our Services, respond to an advertisement, contact OpsCompass for support or other offerings, or attend an event or forum in which OpsCompass is hosting or participating. During such processes, we collect Personal Information about you. For example, we may collect your name, company name, address, email, phone number, billing and payment information, position, or title.
We use information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information as you navigate our websites and Services. Through such tools, we receive and store information about how you use our websites and Services. For example, we receive information that your browser or device sends to our servers whenever you visit a OpsCompass website. Your browser or device may tell us your internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, computer and connection information such as browser type, version, language and time zone settings, browser plug-in types, operating system, and type of device you are using. When you visit a OpsCompass website, your browser may also tell us information such as the actions you take on our website, the page that led you to our website and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our website. Our servers collect similar information when you are logged into our website or Services.
The information we receive through cookies and similar technologies may be associated with you, depending on the website or Services you are using. In addition, third parties may be able to collect information about your online activities when you use our websites or Services using cookies or other technologies. We use first-party and third-party cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies in accordance with the information and options that may be provided to you when those technologies are used.
For more information about the types of cookies we use and managing cookies, please see Your rights in respect of your Personal Information below.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
Use of the information collected by OpsCompass
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide you the Services or information you have requested
- Send you business notifications related to our Services
- Discuss payments, additional purchases, or renewal of your subscription
- Obtain feedback about our Services to enhance the Services we provide to you
- Diagnose Service problems
- Periodically communicate with you about our Services through messaging or OpsCompass Buzz
- Allow other Services users to communicate with you
- Undertake internal analysis of customer patterns and behavior so we can understand what may be of interest to you and others
We may use the information we collect about you for our legitimate interests to:
- Provide you OpsCompass website content
- Operate and improve our websites
- Personalize our website, Services, and Communications to your likely interests and needs
- Conduct market research about our current and potential customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
- Aggregate data from our Services used for benchmarking and to improve our Services
- Send you information by email about OpsCompass, new releases, special offers, and similar marketing information
- Provide information to our customers and potential customers in the form of electronic or print newsletters. When you choose to subscribe to our newsletter you may be added to our mailing list and will receive announcements and information about OpsCompass. It will be emailed or mailed to the address that you provide when you subscribe.
- Contact you via telephone to discuss our Services and related offers with you
- Display personalized ads to you
Our processing of your Personal Information for marketing purposes outside of a consent requirement in law will be in our legitimate interest. Where required under applicable law, we will obtain your consent to the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent or object to receiving further marketing information at any time as provided in our Communications or as described below.
Sharing information collected by OpsCompass
We work with companies that provide services or help support our business. These companies may deliver customer support, provide data hosting, process and collect payments, or send Communications on our behalf. These companies may have access to your Personal Information including:
- With our channel partners and other sales partners for the purpose of assisting you with ordering or Services implementation
- When we hire companies to help us market our websites and Services and provide you with information and offers related to OpsCompass, including displaying ads to you across the Internet
OpsCompass may also share your Personal Information:
- When we are required or believe we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, applicable law, government statute, regulation, or other legal process
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary in our legitimate interests to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites or Services against attacks, or protect the property and security of OpsCompass, or the property and security of our customers and users
- To the extent necessary to meet lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
- When we aggregate and share de-identified information collected by our Services in order to provide statistical information or market research to third parties
- When you consent to the sharing
Information Security and Storage
We understand that the security of your Personal Information is important. We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are completely effective and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your Personal Information.
Your Personal Information is stored on our servers and the servers of our affiliated companies and companies we hire to provide services to us. We do not collect Customer Information or store it in any fashion. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and Services you use, as needed to comply with our legal obligations and legal rights including to prevent fraud or enforce our agreements, and for our internal business reasons such as maintenance of our archive and backup systems for a period after your use of our websites and Services ends. We retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us to develop and improve our services.
Cross-border Data Transfers
Your Personal Information may be transferred to and stored in the United States, or transferred to other countries where the companies we work with to help us run our business are located. In order to use our Services and websites, you authorize OpsCompass to transfer your personal information across national borders. Certain of these countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information including, where relevant, data protection laws in Europe. When we transfer your Personal Information, we will take appropriate steps to ensure your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Your Rights in Respect of your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps intended to ensure that your Personal Information we collect is accurate, complete, and current by using the most recent information provided to us. Our Services may allow you to review and edit your Personal Information by accessing your account or similar feature of the website or Service you are using.
For our websites and advertising, the following describes your options for managing the various types of cookies used by OpsCompass on our websites and Services:
- Required Cookies: Required cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of this site to function, such as providing secure login or using our Services. Because required cookies are essential to operate the Company’s Web sites and the Services, there is no option to opt out of these cookies.
- Functionality Cookies: Functionality cookies allow us to analyze your use of the site to evaluate and improve our performance. They may also be used to provide a better customer experience on this site. For example, remembering your login details and other information you have entered or choices you make, displaying more personal features, or providing us information about how our site is used. To learn more about how to control functionality cookies using your browser settings, please see aboutcookies.org.
To the extent OpsCompass is processing Personal Information about you, we respect the rights you as a data subject may have under certain laws and circumstances to:
- Be provided with a copy of your Personal Information held by us
- Request the correction or erasure of your Personal Information held by us
- Object to the further processing of your Personal Information
- Request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example)
- Request that your Personal Information be transferred to a third party
You may submit a request to us by contacting us at the OpsCompass contact information provided below. Once we verify your identify, we will assist you with your request.
Opting-out of OpsCompass Communications
You may opt out of receiving Communications by modifying your website or Service profile, or by unsubscribing to the marketing mailings or newsletters you no longer desire. To unsubscribe, please follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions that are contained within the mailing, newsletter, or other Communication that we send to you. You may also send an email to [privacy@OpsCompass.com] with “Unsubscribe” in the body, together with a description of the Communications you no longer desire to receive.
Questions or Concerns
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
11422 Miracle Hills Drive
Omaha, NE 68154
You can also contact the OpsCompass Data Protection Officer by email at privacy@OpsCompass.com.