New Feature Highlight: Weekly Digest
As of May 4, 2021, OpsCompass will now send out Dashboard-level information to users on a weekly basis through email.
This weekly report provides you with high-level visibility of your cloud infrastructure’s security posture without needing to login and without including sensitive information.
The Weekly Digest provides highlights on:
- Your current Compliance Score
- Open events
- Resource metrics
- Inventory changes
May 12th, 2021
- OpsCompass now includes support for NIST SP 800-171: Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information in Nonfederal Systems and Organizations (https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-171r2.pdf). Technical controls are evaluated for adherence to the NIST defined requirements.
- Resource Inventory now includes a ‘Related Resources’ tab that shows resources that have a direct relationship to the current resource. This helps users identify change impact and better understand workload resources. The tab contains resource name, related by information, resource type, region, problems, changes, and created date. All columns are sortable.
- Authored compliance check for AWS accounts to ensure there are more users than just root
- Authored compliance check for signing certificates on AWS root account
- Authored compliance check for MFA on AWS Root account
- Authored compliance check for the presence of Access Keys for AWS root user
- Standardized checkbox classes used in UI
- Added AWS Account Summary Resource Type
May 4th, 2021
- OpsCompass will now send out Dashboard-level information to users on a weekly basis. This weekly report provides you with high-level visibility of your cloud infrastructure’s security posture without needing to login and without including sensitive information.
- Fixed bug with CIS rule requiring MFA devices when users do not have console access
- Fixed an issue where AWS S3 buckets showed the wrong region in OpsCompass
- Re-enabled initial email for account validation
- Fixed text box that allows searching inventory by resource name
- Updated the framework “MLSS” to “Oracle Database Licensing”
April 28, 2021
- New users will be able to sign up for accounts secured with a password again, rather than being forced to use Microsoft or Google to log into the app.
- Updated Terms of Service for April 2021. Note that you will need to review and approve.
- Users who use a password to log in to OpsCompass can change their password through their “Settings” page.
- Fixed bug that caused a deleted user to not be immediately logged out.
- Fixed bug where a modal could not be dismissed after a company was downgraded to Free Tier.
April 14, 2021
- Improved No Results Messaging for (most) Pages that Use Page Filters
- Addressed empty OLM deployment details table date rendering
- Improved consistency with names used in navigation, breadcrumbs and page titles
- Added friendly message to user when scope conflicts with a saved filter
- Added more descriptive text indicating what is filtered on a page
- We inform the user when they authorize OpsCompass in Azure AD but don’t have permissions to set up OpsCompass in any subscriptions.
- Improved sizing on Dashboard for smaller screens so that Top Fixes show properly
March 25, 2021
- Compliance and Drift pages have a new filtering interface! Filters are now presented as a modal window with collapsible sections to improve usability. Of course, Saved Filters are still supported; now accessed through a dropdown list right next to the Filter button.
- Updated labels in JSON differencing view in Drift to be bold, black text.
- Fixed for issue with viewing drift change where if more than one concern was tied to a change the carets associated with the first concern pointed the wrong direction.
- Confirm user delete action
- Fixed a bug where whitespace provided with AWS role or external ID would cause an AWS account to fail to connect.
- Prevented users from accessing Add Account if they do not have permission to add accounts
- Clarified Azure/O365 onboarding instructions to highlight that CSCM only requires read-only access
- Fixed a bug with Azure Key Vault Soft Delete Compliance Check checking for Purge Protection property
- Resources that are removed from cloud should not display in inventory or dashboard
March 10, 2021
- Users can now delete user accounts for their company or initiate a delete for their company. If deleting a user or company, the user is brought to a page thanking them for trying OpsCompass. The page has a link back to https://www.opscompass.com/. User deletions are prevented if the user is the only user with the role “company_sysadmin”. They are instructed that they need to transfer the role before the deletion can be completed. All deletion types tell the user the deletion can take up to 30 days to complete.
- Fixed not submitting the form for Bulk Mitigation/Policy Exception
- Fixed extra ‘Last Known Configuration’ text on resource page
- Fixed a bug where a ‘removed’ tag was displaying next to active accounts.
- Fixed issue with inconsistencies between Drift Concerns counts on Dashboard and on Drift Page
- Modified styles associated with editing Drift Concerns
- Added support for assigning teams when creating/updating Drift Concern
- Updated column name on Companies page in admin portal from “Age” to “Created On”
March 01, 2021
- New Accounts Filter Experience on Drift: We have a new way to select the accounts you want to see on the Drift page. This feature will be expanded and grown over time. Try it out and let us know what you think!
- Accounts Filter Updates: Every page that has the option to filter by cloud accounts now sorts them by cloud then alphabetically. This is the same order the accounts appear on the dashboard.
- Updated teams page to have label ‘Drift Concerns’ instead of ‘Alert Concerns’
- New URLs for the “Upgrade” and “Free Trial” links: these now link to new pages in our dot-com experience. Upgrade links to our Pricing Page and the “free trial” links to our “Start for Free” page.
- Fixed time zone issue with setting mitigations/policy exceptions on resources that leads to incorrect history information
- Modified Welcome pages 14-day Free Trial link
- Ignoring realtime event processing errors related to short-lived Azure resources (such as Databricks resources)
February 16, 2021
- Support AWS CloudFormation template: So that OpsCompass can successfully discover and monitor resources while using only read-access permissions within AWS, we have authored a forwarding rule. The forwarding rule monitors all AWS service events, both raw and CloudTrail sourced, that sends events to OpsCompass and stores them in an S3 bucket. To ensure that data sources are not readable to OpsCompass a deny policy is used to explicitly prevent access of data source contents.
- Added additional information to ‘Add Account’ page including KB references and invite user button
- Updated new AWS signup experience to Pharos Styles
- Chrome browser issue – Fix mega-caret issue seen on compliance framework page
- Updated time zone should not give you a confirmation prompt about legal settings
- Updated AWS Lambdas to allow non-administrative signup
- Updated ‘Add Account’ workflow to use new Pharos styles and colors
- Corrected inconsistency between number of accounts displayed on dashboard and inventory
- Updated styles and layout in Inventory pages
- Updated Inventory Page to use Pharos Colors and Icons
- Corrected bug associated with MLSS date checking that created unnecessary compliance drift
- Capture CloudFormation stacks with similar names
- Modified CIS check to remove ports 22 and 3389 validation from AWS default security groups
- MS 365: Split scanning functions from HTTP-triggered functions
- Added CIS rule for microsoft.graph.identitySecurityDefaultsEnforcementPolicy
OpsCompass is Free to Get Started
Secure your cloud today